(a backwards dessert- the strawberry is atop the whipped cream and there is no sugar, the cream is spicy rather than sweet). Take two very large stemmed strawberries. Slice towards the stem and use the stemmed side to mimic a flower. Make the whipped cream with whipping cream (get your exercise and do this with a fork or whisk), add cardamom and Jolokia powder then whip until slightly firmer than normal as this will hold the strawberries up… Fold in Thai sweet chili sauce and chunks of diced Jolokia to taste. Then hull the strawberries and place into cream on plate as in pic. Finally spoon Bacardi 151 and light it. Mention nothing to your guests and serve, reserve camera for expressions… Unexpected and guests will love it on the 2nd and 3rd bites.
Stuffed Peppers Trinidad Recipe
Trinidad peppers – 4
Margarine – 2 teaspoons
Minced onion – 3 tablespoons
Lean ground beef – 1/2 pound
Cooked rice – 1 cup
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Paprika – 1/8 teaspoon
Bitters – 1 teaspoon
Tomatoes – 1 can of 16 ounces
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In boiling water, cook the peppers till they are tender, Drain.
3) In a large frying pan, melt the margarine.
4) Saut the ground beef and onion till the onion is soft.
5) Add the salt, rice, paprika and bitters.
6) Cut off the tops of the peppers and remove the seeds.
7) With the rice and meat mixture, stuff the peppers and place them in a casserole.
8) Around the peppers, pour the tomatoes.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, till thoroughly heated.
Chicken Trinidad Recipe
1 broiler-fryer chicken, weighing 2 1/2 to 3 pounds, quartered
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cups rice
1/4 cup onion, minced
1/8 cup Trinidad or Bhut pepper, minced
1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, undrained
1/2 teaspoon saffron
2 cups chicken broth (canned or homemade)
1 teaspoon Angostura aromatic bitters
1. In a skillet, heat olive oil, and brown the chicken in it
2. Brown the rice, onion and green pepper together; add this rice mixture on the bottom of a Dutch oven,
top with chicken and undrained mushrooms
3. In one cup of broth, dissolve the saffron and add Angostura; pour it into a kettle and cook covered
over a low flame
4. After ten minutes of cooking, add another cup for broth and cook for fifteen minutes until rice is fluffy